Entrepreneurship Development Institutions are one of the educational firms that conduct EDP or Entrepreneurship Development programs that help in guiding the first generation entrepreneurs and hence, open up sustainable paths which they should take to enhance their entrepreneurship journey.
- Maharashtra State Centre for Entrepreneurship Development(MCED, Aurangabad)
- Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India(EDII, Ahmedabad
- National Institue of Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (NIESBUD)
- National Institute for Micro, Small and Medium Entreprises(NiMSME, Hyderabad)
- Noida and Indian Institue of Entrepreneurship(IIE)
The very first Entrepreneurship Development Institution of India was established in 1983. It was a non-profit institute sponsored by Apex Financial Institutions – the IDBI Bank Ltd, IFCI Ltd, ICICI Bank Ltd, and the State Bank of India, to provide a roadmap for first-generation entrepreneurs as well as transform the existing SMEs into better enterprises with a better approach.
This institution basically focused on guiding the journey of budding entrepreneurs to successful entrepreneurs.
The various departments at the Ahmedabad based Indian Entrepreneurship Development Institute include:
- Entrepreneurship Education
- Policy Advocacy, Knowledge and Research
- Business Development Services and National Outreach
- Developing Economy Engagement
Due to the increasing popularity of an entrepreneur, the government is putting more effort into its growth, and hence, for that, entrepreneurship development institutions are a big step. Some of the entrepreneurship development institutions in India are as follows: –
- This training centre was set up in 1988, where the Karandikar Committee was appointed to give suggestions and innovative ideas to accelerate entrepreneurship development in Maharashtra.
- The centre aims to create and develop the spirit of entrepreneurship globally. Its regional offices are at Mumbai, Pune, Kolhapur, Amravati, Nagpur, Aurangabad (Headquarters), and Nasik, having one project officer at each DIC(District Industries Centre).
- As one of the origins of EDI’s in India, this centre was given the “Apex Institute for Entrepreneurship Development in India”, but later on this title was passed on to NIESBUD, and the reason why we have covered in the next point.
- The centre aims to develop entrepreneurship in small and rural areas and hence, leading to the industrial development of the country. The centre has its regional offices at Bhubaneshwar, Guwahati, Bengaluru, Lucknow, Delhi-NCR, Vapi, and Bhopal.
- This institution focuses on standardizing the selection and training process of budding entrepreneurs, thereby guiding them in entrepreneurship-related activities.
- NIESBUD was set up in 1983 as an apex body, by the government of India and has its headquarters at Noida, NCR of Delhi.
- It has a huge role as the Secretariat of the National Entrepreneurship Board. The centre organizes various national and international programs.
- NiMSME has contributed greatly in the area of Entrepreneurship development through its specialized programs. Their prime motive is to train the trainers as well as development agencies.
- The centre aims to promote micro and small media enterprises and advance their levels to medium enterprises.
- They conduct various activities which indirectly demonstrate, how to make a successful enterprise. They train their entrepreneurs to face and compete amongst the leading entrepreneurs.
- IIE is an autonomous organization which like other EDIs focuses on entrepreneurial training, research, and consultancy, majorly in small and micro-enterprises.
- The centre was established in 1993 under the societies Registration Act,1860.
- Their headquarters are based in Guwahati.
Now, these were National Entrepreneurship Development Institutions of India, there are various state-level Institutions as well which are involved in entrepreneurship development. Here is a small list of them, which are actively involved in entrepreneurship Development Programs:
- Centre of Entrepreneurship Development (CED, Himachal Pradesh)
- Institute of Entrepreneurship Development (IED, Uttar Pradesh)
- Entrepreneurship and Management Development (EMDI, Rajasthan)
- Centre for Entrepreneurship Development (CED, Gujarat)
- Centre for Entrepreneurship Development (CED, Madhya Pradesh)
- Institute of Entrepreneurship Development (IED, Orissa)
- Centre for Entrepreneurship Development (CED, Tamil Nadu)
- Institute of Entrepreneurship Development (IED, Bihar)
- Centre of Entrepreneurship Development (CED, Andhra Pradesh)
- Entrepreneurship Development Institute (EDI, Jammu, and Kashmir)
Article you may like